NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Poem Chapter 9 Fog are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English. Here we have given NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Poem Chapter 9 Fog.
|English First Flight Poem
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Poem 9 Fog
Thinking About the Poem
- What does Sandburg think the fog is like?
- How does the fog come? (V. Imp.)
- What does ‘if in the third line refer to?
- Does the poet actually say that the fog is like a cat? Find three things that tell us that the fog is like a cat.
- The fog is like the little cat sitting with her knees bent.
- The fog comes silently and slowly.
- ‘It’ in the third line refers to the cat and the fog as well.
- The poet does not say it. But he means it through a metaphor.
The three things are (a) The fog comes (b) It sits on little haunches (c) It then moves on.
You know that a metaphor compares two things by transferring a feature of one thing to the other (See Unit 1).
(i) Find metaphors for the following words and complete the table below. Also, try to say how they are alike. The first is done for you.
|pounces over the fields, growls
(ii) Think about a storm. Try to visualize the force of the storm, hear the sound of the storm, feel the power of the storm, and the sudden calm that happens afterward. Write a poem about the storm comparing it with an animal.
|moves on its rail
|gives protection, safety
(ii) Students can write a poem on Storm as asked for.
Does this poem have a rhyme scheme? Poetry that does not have an obvious rhythm or rhyme is called ‘free verse’.
The poem does not have a rhyme scheme. It is a free verse.
We hope the NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Poem Chapter 9 Fog helps you. If you have any queries regarding NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Poem Chapter 9 Fog drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.